Nikki Wilde's Reviews > A Little Night Magic

A Little Night Magic by Lucy March

Nov 27, 11

Read in November, 2011

Where to begin. Ah, at the beginning. It started with Liv being fed up. She's bored and sick of being in love with a man that turned her down. Yeah, she's getting mixed signals but he still keeps her at arms length. She wants excitement not the same ol' samd ol'. So she buys a ticket to Europe. Not realizing that her life is about to get turned upside down starting with Davina who throws a dirty gym sock at her. Too bad that's not all she threw. What Liv doesn't know is that she's magic.

I won't give away any spoilers but this one seemed a bit predictable from the beginning. It was like a slow roller coaster that never really came crashing down. I definitely enjoyed the story. I found it fun and interesting but I guess I wanted the antagonist to be more antagonizing? It could be that I've read too many thrillers recently and I just expected the bad guy to do more bad things but either way it didn't seem suspenseful enough.

When Liv confronted Tobias I must admit I got a little teary eyed. It was one of my favorite parts of the book. I loved how she always left everything on the table. She's straightforward and never minces her feelings or words. A true strong protagonist.

All in all this was a quick read. A little slow but entertaining in its own right. I'm glad I read this one. I'm thinking 3.5 stars.

I received this book from Amazon Vine for my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Night Magic.