Diana's Reviews > Heating Up The Holidays (Harlequin Blaze, #435)

Heating Up The Holidays (Harlequin Blaze, #435) by Jill Shalvis

Dec 09, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, format-anthology, hero-beta, better-than-this, banterbanterbanter, change-of-heart, catalyst-for-change, christmas-stories, romances-contemporary, control-issues, heroine-damaged-hurt, declaration-of-love, doubts-and-insecurities, e-books, emotional-diarrhea, family-is-love, falling-in-love, favorite-heroes, fiction, funny, friendship-into-love, harlequin-blaze, heroine-commitment-phobe, heroine-stalwart-strong-steadfast, unrequited-love, undeniable-attraction, heroes-that-love-them, tender-moments-that-tug-at-your-hea, heroine-strong-willed-stubborn, steamy-reads, so-much-love, sigh-inducing, siblings-are-love, hero-sexy-as-hell, romance, patience-is-a-virtue, heroine-passionate, hero-passionate, parental-issues, palpable-ust, overcoming-the-past, opposites-attract, love-yourself, heroine-independent, intense, how-do-you-not-love-the-hero, hopeless-romantic, hidden-depths, heroes-in-pursuit
Read in December, 2011

So hard to rate anthologies ... also, while I'd love to sit here and write an actual review, have to just make this short and simple. So muuuch love for Jill Shalvis! Have bought her books already but don't think i have read any yet, so this is a first for me.

Jill Shalvis: All He Wants for Christmas

My, oh my. So when they say "heating up" they really mean it, heh. So many things to love about it: the inverting the usual unrequited love trope, the actual development in the love story, the whole Christmas season not overwhelming the story ... the banter, haha, I live for the banter and the tension. Dustin, how do you not love Dustin? I don't know how Christina held out for so long. :P But seriously though, I love how I went through a whole range of emotions, having those highs and experiencing those lows ... especially that pinch in your heart you get when you know, when you know that there is no way this heartache should even last.

(I don' t normally think up of real life people to base characters on but for som reason, Dustin's description just made me think of Rodrigo Santoro in Love Actually, with his quiet demeanor and his glases amd his hotness. Hahaha.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heating Up The Holidays (Harlequin Blaze, #435).

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (new)

Lily K Jesus Christ woman! you've got a lot of shelves.