The Holy Terror's Reviews > The Hunt

The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunt.

05/03/2012 page 0
0.0% "Read-along with Lucy!" 6 comments
05/26/2012
6.0% "You live too long trying not to be something, eventually you wind up hating that thing."
05/26/2012
7.0% "And these are my numbers: 3 16 72 87.
I could care less.

-__- Why can't anyone use this expression correctly?

" 1 comment
05/26/2012
11.0% "Ah, I bet she's a human too."
05/26/2012
12.0% "So, yes, the elbows-jammed-into-armpits "making out" is a bit odd, but not as off-putting or stupid as I thought it sounded at first. I guess with all of the other weirdness already incorporated into the story I've just decided to go with the flow. This book kind of feels like a YA bizarro version of Daybreakers, albeit without the advanced technology."
05/27/2012
18.0% "Very interesting that in the small human village the lone female is the leader, and I'm curious to see why but also hoping that it's not to set her up as a perfect and gorgeous love interest."
05/27/2012
18.0% "Also, why are they doing this Hunt if they only have one female? Why include a female at all? I would think they'd keep her as a broodmare."
05/27/2012
19.0% "Fukuda really likes the word "mercurial.""
05/27/2012
20.0% "Vampires wouldn't have freckles unless they were born human. Freckles are caused by exposure to the sun, and the sun kills the vamps in this book. And from what I gather, once a human is bit they die, they don't change. So, either Fukuda missed this detail or this chick is human and nobody noticed she has freckles which still seems like a missed detail."
05/27/2012
22.0% "So, wait. They're saying the guy who was sleeping in the library before ended up going crazy and running out into the sun. But then, when the guy was showing the main character around the library he said the sleeper holds were just installed. It's starting to feel like someone didn't do a final pass-through to make sure all the little details added up. Plot holes are annoying."
05/27/2012
22.0% "Lookers, too, with crystalline skin, high-bridged noses, and doorknobs for cheekbones. Both Phys Ed and Abs have a natural bounce to their step that speaks of effortless strength and agility. But dumb as doorknobs.

Um. Would it have been that difficult to use a different descriptor than the one you used just two sentences ago? And, doorknobs for cheekbones. Wtf? That's not desirable! So weird.

05/27/2012
23.0% "So, the main character is always watching the chick I think is also a human. He spent a bunch of pages noticing that she was acting odd. Everyone started running and he just explained that he can't run as fast as the vamps and I find it odd that it's not mentioned whether the girl runs as fast as them or not. Another detail left out? On purpose this time? Hmm."
05/27/2012
24.0% "Ha. So, since he was running he started sweating and everyone says it smells more like humans near their village than normal. He walks away from them after it seems they're starting to realize the smell is coming from him, comes back a few minutes later and one of the vamps says "smell's gone." Um ... lol. I guess it didn't dawn on them that the smell dissipated because the source walked away? -__-" 5 comments
05/27/2012
26.0% "Ooh, I just thought of something. If the chick IS a human, she'd get her period, right? And of course they'd smell it. So maybe I'm wrong? Also, now I'm wondering how the vampires reproduce." 5 comments
05/27/2012
27.0% "So the bathrooms only have hand sanitizer? No toilets or sinks? How do they wash the blood off their faces? Is the water just not potable? And even if you don't drink liquids (he IS drinking animal blood though) you still get water from food. There's no reason for him to be freaking out this much from not having water to drink." 5 comments
05/27/2012
30.0% "Why doesn't he just rub dirt on himself to get rid of his odor? Also, the chick always comes to his rescue just when they start to suspect him again. Funny, that."
05/27/2012
31.0% "She picks up a long ruler and uses it to indicate a circular trapdoor on the ground that looks very much like a manhole.

There has to be a sewer system and toilets. How else would the main character go to the bathroom? They would smell his urine and poop if he just did it wherever. The vamps eat meat (and ice cream apparently) so they must poop. This is important. I need to know if the vampires poop!

05/27/2012
33.0% "So you're all being tied up with leather straps and you notice someone has a knife hidden under their shirt and you think it's a good idea to not say anything? This isn't going to go well, methinks."
05/28/2012
48.0% "Wow, this girl is desperate. It's kind of unattractive. Also, now I'm REALLY wondering about vampire physiology again. Do they get boners? Because I'm suspecting the main character is about to get a boner."
05/28/2012
49.0% "I look at her blankly. "What's a 'name'?" I ask.

What? You've been calling the vamp girl "Ashley June" for the whole book and you claim you don't know what a name is? This doesn't even make sense.

" 1 comment
05/28/2012
51.0% "I can't believe he's lying to them like this. And what's the point? Why give them false hope? He's such a little shit." 6 comments
60.0% "Aha! I knew it!" 4 comments
05/30/2012
70.0% "URINAL SCENE. WE HAVE CONFIRMATION THAT THE VAMPIRES DO, IN FACT, URINATE." 12 comments
05/30/2012
70.0% "So, I just thought of something. The vampires don't drink water, they don't shower because they don't sweat (what about their hair?), they don't wash their hands (only use sanitizer), they don't flush their toilets. What about washing clothes, dishes, or ANYTHING, huh? Do they just throw stuff away after one use? This whole "no water" thing is driving me nuts, especially since the school had a freakin' swimming pool." 23 comments
06/03/2012
76.0% "Well, that escalated quickly.

My advice? Find some way to burn the library down.

06/03/2012
90.0% "Even if the boat is there, just swim across to the other bank! Or did you forget that vampires drown?"
06/03/2012
100.0% "Ha. I figured that's who he was right around the time Gene found the journal."

Lucy I'm fucking loving this book! I haven't been on to update, but THIS IS SO MY SORT OF YA so far.

The Holy Terror Even with all the issues I keep having with it, I'm enjoying it too. I can't stop reading (although I did because I didn't want to finish before you and I've got a library book that's already overdue that I need to finish as well ...) and I'm fascinated by everything.

Lucy I'm slightly behind, but I'll catch up to day and do some status updates lol.

The Holy Terror Awesome. I've been sticking to the 50 pages a day so I haven't finished yet. I probably will tonight but you'll be asleep already by the time I'm done most likely.