Hayden Casey's Reviews > Everneath

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Jul 25, 14

bookshelves: ending-sucked
Recommended for: people who don't mind cheated endings
Read in November, 2011, read count: 1

GOODREADS EXCLUSIVE REVIEW

I originally gave this book four stars back when I read it late last year, maybe November or so. When I finished it, I literally threw my NOOK across the classroom I was in and screamed "Garbage." Inconveniently, I had finished a test early and I sat silently in the middle of the room. I'm pretty sure I made about five people scream in surprise . . . but that's a different story.

My reason for my incredible outrage was the cliffhanger ending. More specifically, (view spoiler). CLIFFHANGERS GALORE.

Well, I'm sure you can guess that at that time, I was pretty much effing done with cliffhangers, as prevalent as they are in YA fiction.

Now that I've had a little bit of time to cool off, I'm realizing that Everneath is actually deserving of a five-star rating. Everything was done well (except for, of course, the ending), and honestly, I'm super excited for the sequel, not matter how far away it may be.

I've come to realize that the ending wasn't as horrifyingly bad as I had once thought -- cliffhangers are something I'm going to have to get used to in this genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everneath.

11/27/2011 page 20
8.0% "YAY! I'm reading this! :D"
11/27/2011 page 32
13.0% "Gonna do my homework (that's due tomorrow . . .)"
11/27/2011 page 34
14.0% "Hmm. Not sure what to think of this."
11/27/2011 page 48
20.0% "This is different than other HarperTeen releases. Well, they're all different from each other, but you get it."
11/27/2011 page 71
30.0% ""Liking" this . . ." 3 comments
11/27/2011 page 116
48.0% "This is enjoyable."
11/27/2011 page 117
49.0% "Yet another YA love interest/stalker that climbs in through the protag's window. Yeesh. This should weird me out, but it doesn't. I mean, really: he climbs in her window and strums chords on his guitar while he tells stories. Is that only odd to me?"
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Hayden Casey What are YOUR thoughts?

Allison Is your NOOK alright?