Kathy's Reviews > The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Nov 28, 11

bookshelves: audio
Read in November, 2011

We listened to this on the way to and from Mammoth for Thanksgiving. I'd give it 5 stars if it wasn't for the swearing and too many details of the sexual attack. Just because real people swear and say um, you know, and I mean, doesn't mean I want to read any of those in a book. Other than that it is a touching and sometimes funny story. Coming from the dog's point of view with insight into car racing adds to the interest.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Racing in the Rain.

Beth yes, I agree, just because #$&* happens doesn't mean we have to step in it!!
I did like this book tho, I read it a few years age, the gal that keeps the library at Ashtom Place recommended and lent it to me. now I find myself rmembering the poor old dog's lament when he can't avoid wetting in the haouse..as our poor old dog is getting there himself and I really wollped him the other day.