Tiffany Holme's Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Oct 31, 13

bookshelves: own, paperback

I have read this book 3 times now and am still not sure I can do it justice in a review. Especially after reading so many amazing ones from wonderful bloggers across the world. Jennifer has created a mind blowing read that has you turning the pages just to get a little more of the story. At first when I heard Aliens I was a little hesitant. I mean Aliens?! However the more I heard about the HOT aliens, the more I wanted to give it a try. Let me say, I am so glad I did.

The chemistry between Katy and Daemon is undeniable. I mean you would have to be fairly blind not to see that and even then you could tell. Though he is infuriating in so many ways as well. I mean he is hot as hell but has the stability of a hurricane. No I do not mean he goes a psycho and tears stuff apart it's more one moment he is a jerk and in the next moment he is making Kat ( and every other member of the female population) swoon. His jerkish moments are there for a reason though. He is protecting his sister as well as others of his own kind. Jerk moments turn into moments where you are just irritated and then finally you to give in.

Katy is probably one of the strongest and easiest to connect with characters I have ever read. I love many but Katy just slides right on in with my favorites. I think what started my love for her was the fact that she didn't give in to Daemon whenever he felt like it. She holds her ground even when he is only half dressed and being all gorgeous and stuff. She doesn't let his good looks get the better of her and she holds her own when Daemon starts in on her. Did I mention that she is also a fellow book lover/blogger. How could you not love her for that?!

The story is fun and fast paced through out the entire novel. Jennifer took aliens to an entire different level for me. They went from being something that is stereo typically over done to something new and fun. How she did this and made it so amazing is beyond amazing. I would like to say Jennifer L. Armentrout has brought on an entire new meaning to out of this world! I could honestly recommend this book to anyone and walk away knowing that they wont be let down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

Nichol such a great book!!

Kristie Mathewson It on my TBR list next