Paul Beimers's Reviews > Light

Light by Michael  Grant

Apr 28, 13

bookshelves: to-read

So I haven't started it quite yet. I'd like to finish my current reads before tackling this one, I think.
78 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Light.

Rashika (is tired) but they would die if they stayed in the fayz forever. id rather they get out. To add to that theyve been gone a year who cares if they get judged or not, for starters everyone is going to be relieved they are out. then when the questions come they can tell everyone to backk the hell off (it wont work that way will it? :/)

message 2: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Anderson I have to disagree on the adults not understanding. The FAYZ wall is clear. They can understand what is going on. They can hold up signs explaining all that has happened.The adults can't possibly say it is impossible, it is pretty well explained that nothing is impossible in Gone.

message 3: by Paul (new) - added it

Paul Beimers You make a good point, Aaron. It all depends on how the two parties (the children and the rest of the world) interact with one another now that the circumstances have changed. Because Fear ended how it did, however, we won't know what nature the relationship will develop until Light is released. I'm eager to see just how Grant ends his series, since the final book will have to deal with not only what is happening inside the FAYZ, but outside of it as well.

Rashika (is tired) Aaron wrote: "I have to disagree on the adults not understanding. The FAYZ wall is clear. They can understand what is going on. They can hold up signs explaining all that has happened.The adults can't possibly s..."
No i think they would understand but that wouldnt mean they wouldnt be disgusted.
Its more like they know why they did it.. but they would wonder if there could have been a way around it. Know what i mean?

message 5: by Peyton (new) - added it

Peyton Davis I did not know there was a sixth book coming out in April, so I read the series really fast. Now i am pretty ticked at myself for reading quickly. I would rather of read them slower so I would not have to die waiting for this book... but whatcha gonna do?

message 6: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Omg am so excited to find out what happens next !!! April can't come fast enough !!!

message 7: by Bobatastic (new)

Bobatastic I have this thought that the 6 books are written by Sam to show everyone what happened.

message 8: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe B. I think you all are over thinking this. If you keep analysing what could happen in the book, by the time you read it, it will not be as good as you expected. Not trying to be mean or anything, but if you make it this huge, great thing in your head, you will be very disapionted. This has happened to me before, and it Sucks.

The-Readaholic It is already out in dymocks

message 10: by Panda (new) - added it

Panda it seems it is already out in Australia... (did we finally get something first?)

The-Readaholic finally!

message 12: by Panda (new) - added it

Panda ... considering reading it now just so i beat the States to it

message 13: by Grace (new) - added it

Grace I couldn't agree more. I think a perfect ending would be everyone remaining in the FAYZ . Simple.

message 14: by Alison (new) - added it

Alison Yes, I think staying in the FAYZ would be best for everyone because they've became so disconnected from the real world and everyone in it, so it's best if they stay. Just things become peaceful for them there.

Corrie You're completely right, and I am terrified about the ending. they kind of need to stay in there.

Shawna Furlong-jardine I completely agree that they definitely can not return to a normal world. My best possible outcome would be for them to defeat the bad guy and stay inside their bubble. I dunno, maybe someone can find a way to bring in some supplies from outside though because eventually they will run out of food. :(

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel amazon doesn't accept my dorm a address either!!! :((

message 18: by Obsessionist (new) - added it

Obsessionist Amazon doesn't deliver internationally :(

Corrie MINE ARRIVED TODAY OMFGSH AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

message 20: by Max (new) - rated it 4 stars

Max I have just finished it.
It blew my mind.

message 21: by Paul (new) - added it

Paul Beimers I don't understand it, Rachel. You'd think that Amazon would make sure that dorm addresses were accepted, considering their student discounts and textbook program. Gah.

Curse you, Corrie! Words cannot express how much I envy you at this moment.

Agh! Max! You've finished it?! I'm insanely jealous! I have yet to even receive my copy!

*weeps*

The fact that you loved it is very exciting, however! It's encouraging to see so many positive reviews! Endings to long-running series can be ridiculously tricky to pull off well, but it seems as though Grant nailed it.

Morgan Heier All of these thoughts have been rolling around in my head for months! Now I finally have the book in my hands and I want to get my answers but I don't want it to be over!

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel i just buy the ones from used sellers who ship to p.o. boxes so i can get it up here. so annoying though ://