Ruth's Reviews > Her Christmas Pleasure

Her Christmas Pleasure by Karen  Erickson

This was an absolutely charming little story provided by netgalley.

There is something heart-warming about a simple story told well, and this fell straight into that category. There are no unbelievable plot twists, no unnecessary characters, just some lovely scenes, some nice sensual touches and one of the best descriptions of unrequited love that I've read.

It is a nice little novella, which is in the same series as Lessons in Indiscretion (which has one sexy cover!), but the two are completely unconnected.

I'm not going to bother with any plot descriptions - it's bare-bones plot and doesn't have far to move from beginning to end, but the characterizations are excellent, and you really feel for both parties. I suppose there is what could be classified as a Misunderstanding, but it isn't really, and is so realistic and real-to-life that it totally hooked me in. The steam level is moderate, but it's a lush sensuality that I enjoy.

All-in-all a great little Christmas story, which would fit in nicely between turkey (or whatever you eat at Christmas) and leftovers, whilst everyone else is sleeping off huge mounds of food in front of the fire/TV.

4 stars. I really liked it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Christmas Pleasure.

12/10/2011
42.0% "Why did I wait so long before reading this one? Particularly after the dross I just finished!!"