Maggie61's Reviews > Testify

Testify by Sherrard Valerie

Nov 27, 11

bookshelves: maggies-favourite-teen-young-adult, read-2011
Read in November, 2011

I wanted to read this one after seeing a write up in the book section of the paper where it got a great review.
This was a really quick read as it is meant for a younger audience than what I am, yet I still totally enjoyed it.
Friendships of young teen girls are fascinating yet very scary. It takes so little to make someone an outcast. There's always a "queen" who makes the rules and everyone takes direction from.
Shana belongs to a group of girls with Carrie as her best friend. After testifying on Carrie's behalf in court resulting in Carrie's stepfather going to jail, Shana begins to wonder if things were as they seemed.
When she tries to right a wrong, things escalate with Carrie, people turn on her as they did with Haley, again at Carrie's direction. Carrie is just not a nice person and seems one step ahead of her. It's a hard decision for a young girl to want to do the right thing, but no one wants to be friendless either.
I would definitely read another of this author's, meant for a younger audience or not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Testify.