Denise's Reviews > Bound By Darkness

Bound By Darkness by Alexandra Ivy

Dec 18, 11

Read from December 12 to 18, 2011

Where to begin with my thoughts on this book...First, it was long. Second, I really like Ariyal; it took a while for Jaelyn to win me over. I get the whole independent woman, emotions beat out of her thing, but I think it made her character too harsh/ cold for too long. There were some nice twists and turns in the book. The Dark Lord, the roles that Sergei played for instance. I'm glad she included Styx and Salvatore; otherwise, this book would have not felt like a Guardians book. I'm also curious to see if she explores Santiago and Nefri's buddding relationship.

So overall, not my favorite. I definitely liked the last third of the book the best.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound By Darkness.

12/12/2011
18.0% "She's done a good job of refreshing my memory so far. I liked the meeting between Styx and Salvatore. That was classic! Jaelyn is not happy about having to spend time with Aryial thanks to the Oracle."
12/12/2011
22.0% "Yay! Levet is back. Does he really have a thing for Yannah? Huh."
12/13/2011
42.0% "Ariyal and Jaelyn have been busy - in lots of ways! They are currently battling a cur who uses magic in Chicago. The book thus far seems to be following the stories of several people. I hope she is able to successfully weave them all together at the end."
12/13/2011
57.0% "Jaelyn's tough girl act is starting to get on my nerves. Santiago is cracking me up - pining after an Immortal One."
12/14/2011
66.0% "Jaelyn had a bit of an attitude with Styx. Not such a good idea. Of course, she let Ariyal get away as well. Stubborn woman!"
12/17/2011
82.0% "Rut roh - the Dark Lord is alive and well and SHE appears to be quite the charmer. Santiago is still making me laugh. I can't believe he was brazen enough to kiss Nefri."