Margaret Heller's Reviews > A Dance with Dragons

Nov 27, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: audio, fantasy
Read from January 03 to March 02, 2012

I feel like I have been reading this book for years. Listening to this book takes about 40 hours, and I would suggest that 20 hours of that time is eminently skimmable. But it's still entertaining. Just needs some paring down.

For instance, some of the characters I only remember by the descriptions of their nipples. Really, removing all descriptions of nipples would cut out whole pages and I don't think damage my interest at all. Almost all of the Slaver's Bay POVs took *forever* and weren't that interesting. All of Tyrion's feeling sorry for himself could have gone as well.

Of course I will read the rest of the series assuming it gets written. And come up with my own pet theories and become an obnoxious fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dance with Dragons.

01/03/2012
01/12/2012
26.0% "This just goes on and on."
01/12/2012
32.0% "soooooooo confused! I need a "who was supposed to be dead" scorecard." 1 comment
01/24/2012
37.0% 2 comments
01/29/2012
38.0% "Back to Westeros-- well, really the free cities."
01/31/2012
42.0% "Huh."
02/04/2012
50.0% "Halfway through! I may get through this after all."
02/21/2012
53.0% "New purpose and direction with this book!" 1 comment
02/22/2012
57.0% "Winter is taking its own sweet time about coming."
02/26/2012
75.0% "If all should go well, I will be done with this by the end of the week. Do not listen to the audiobook of this."
02/29/2012
87.0% "I kind of read some spoilers online so I am really excited about getting to the end now."
show 5 hidden updates…

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve I have the recording of this one on the computer. Let me know if you want to listen.

Margaret Heller Yes, though I'm still on Book 2 so it will be awhile.

Will Caskey This basically encapsulates my issues with the sequels to Game of Thrones.