Carly's Reviews > The Girl in the Green Raincoat

5662037
Nov 27, 11

bookshelves: mystery, random-from-library, fiction
Read on November 26, 2011, read count: 1

Quick, fun afternoon read! Being a literary person, I loved the great vocabulary and obscure references thrown in, some of which, I admit, I had to look up. I'm a huge Gilmore Girls fan, so some of the snappy conversations (and pop culture references I didn't get) in this novella reminded me of dear Rory. I wonder if that's just the author's style, or if those elements were upped because it was first published as a serial for the New York Times?

I'm disappointed to discover I jumped into a series at number 11 without realizing! That's part of the danger in scouring library shelves and picking at random based on cover and blurb. But at least I now know that it'd be worth it to go through the series. I've always wanted to get into mystery, but have been afraid of getting into one only to find out it's too intense (I admit, I'm a scaredy-cat). If the rest are like this one, I'm excited to read a fun, clean, non-freaky, who-done-it series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Green Raincoat.