Megan's Reviews > Angel

*First read- Nov 2010*
*Re-Read- Jan 2014*

Nov 2010 Review

I gave this book 5/5 Stars on my blog http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com

Where do I start with how amazing Angel is. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down, I was immediately sucked into Alex and Willow's lives. (Am so happy this is the first in a trilogy as I needed more of this story once I had finished Angel, as will you when you read it)

This is my first Angel book and I LOVE the concept of these angels. In L.A Weatherly's world Angel's are not your typical version of heavenly Angels, they are creatures that are feeding of humans auras in order for them to survive. The affect it has on humans is fatal, it drains their life force and if a human is feed on too much they are left either mentally unstable or will develop a terrible disease and die. In short these Angels are not a good thing. The Angel's live among humans disguised as humans. The few Angels that have "shown" themselves have been accepted by society as they don't understand the affect the Angels are having on them, they find the Angel's irresistible. They even have churches for them know as the Church of Angels throughout the country.

Maybe I should tell you a bit about Alex and Willow. Alex is a 19 year old AK who works for the C.I.A. An AK is an Angel Killer. Basically Alex travels around the country killing Angels. I fell in love with Alex straight away. He is a character that you can easily fall in love with.

The leading lady of the book is Willow. Willow is a 17 year old Psychic. She can touch a person and see the different paths they can take in their lives, their hopes, dreams and regrets. Alex meets Willow when he is assigned to kill her as she is supposed to be an Angel. However it turns out that she isn't an Angel she is in fact a half angel/half human the first of her kind.

The Angel's are planning for more of their kind to come to earth and this will eventually kill the human race.
Alex and Willow end up having to go on the run together from the Angels as they are intent on killing Willow as she is the key to defeating them.

The story is fast paced and exciting as Willow and Alex go on the run. Alex at first hates the idea of being with Willow as she the thing he despises. However this tuns to love, and I loved seeing the relationship grow between them, especially when they spend time together for a few weeks isolated together in the mountains in a cabin.(This was one of my favourite parts of the book!) They connect with each other on so many levels. They both have had hardships in their lives so can connect on that level.

Overall I loved this book. It was my favourite book of 2010. The beautiful love story between Willow and Alex, the fast paced action and the uniqueness of the Angels makes for an amazing read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel.

Quotes Megan Liked

L.A. Weatherly
“Willow, you know that you said you couldn't tell how I felt at the rest stop?"

I nodded, and he took my hand, laying it flat on his chest with his own resting over it. "Can you tell now?" he asked.

His heart beat firmly under my hand; my own pulse was pounding so hard that I could barely think straight. Closing my eyes, I took a deep, steadying breath, and then another as I tried to clear my mind, to feel what he was feeling. For a moment there was just the softness of our breathing--then all at once it washed over me in a great wave.

He was in love with me, too.

I opened my eyes. Alex was still holding my hand to his chest, watching me, his expression more serious than I'd ever seen it. Unable to speak, I slowly dropped my hand and wrapped my arms around him. His own arms came around me as he rested his head on my hair.

"I really do, you know," he said, his voice rough.

"I know," I whispered back. "I do, too.”
L.A. Weatherly, Angel