Kerry's Reviews > Bury Your Dead: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel

Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny

Nov 27, 11

Read in November, 2011

I am hooked. This was the second Louise Penny mystery I listened too, actually read most of Still Life, and I know i have gone out of order--but I will now get back and read each and every one of the five others this author has written. All that to say what a great writer Penny is. BBury your Dead was a story within a story and corrected a previous mystery as well. Must history about Quebec was also woven in. That I partcularly loved. It might have been a better read than to listen to as the author changes characters frequently and the narrator's voice really was not nuanced enough for me to tell or have anyway of knowing which character's story i was following or listening to for at least several sentences and sometimes minutes. Finally got the print copy from the library so I was sure not to miss anything. Would highly recommend it even if you don't want to delve into other of the series. It does stand alone and is terrific in it's own right. Didn't give it five tars because of the confusing audio but I loved, loved the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bury Your Dead.