Laurie's Reviews > Deadly Pursuit

Deadly Pursuit by Nina Croft

Nov 27, 11

bookshelves: action, aliens, fantasy, fiction, futuristic, kindle, paranormal, read-in-2011, science-fiction, romance, vampires, werewolves
Read in November, 2011 — I own a copy

Action-packed, this story is brimming with an odd assortment of characters. This is the second book Nina Croft’s Blood Hunter series; and in this episode, the crew of the El Cazador get fleshed-out a bit more. While each of them still have their own demons and mysterious pasts, the author does dole out some juicy morsels which serves to keep interest on high alert while satisfying that basic desire to discover more about the unique characters I have come to care about.

Chased by two wealthy and highly motivated factions, the ship plays hide and seek in space, barely escaping several close encounters before the final nail-biting showdown. Jon, a lone wolf assassin finally begins to question some of his strongly-held beliefs, and to hope that maybe this time he will be able to prevent the pending catastrophe. However, fate and one pint-sized, curvy priestess may be his complete undoing. Determined to make up for lost time, Alexia, knows that the brooding, over-protective werewolf is worth all the effort she has expended, and then some.

When you are crew, you belong. Jon begins to accept his new, unexpected circumstances and learns first-hand what it means to be crew. A quick death beats a slow, lingering demise in the Meridian mines, afterall. This engaging story is another winner. If you have read the first book, Breakout, then this will be another treat for you to read. However, this book does stand alone quite nicely, so do not be afraid to pick it up right now and jump into the adrenalin-charged adventure.

The review copy was provided to me from Net Galley via Entangled Publishing, the author, and Bewitching Tours. The thoughts presented in the review are my own. I am under no obligation to write favorably about any book I choose to read.

Reviewed by Laurie-J at Laurie's Thoughts & Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Pursuit.