Mina's Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

F 50x66
Nov 27, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-own, contemporary, favorites, young-adult, 2012, for-review
Read in January, 2012

You know that gut wrenching feeling you get when there's such an amazing meal right in front of you, that looks so delicious, so appealing and smells so uplifting that you can't possibly wait to get into it? All you want to do is pick each bite as slowly as possible savouring the taste and simply willing it to last forever though at the very same time you can not wait to finish it entirely so that you can sit there in complete satisfaction and let your thoughts revolve around just how GOOD really it was.

You got it! This is exactly like what I got before I read TSPLFS, as I was reading TSPLFS and after I read TSPLFS. Doesn't this just show my complete adoration and affection for this completely awesome, awesome book? I didn't believe I would love this book so much.

It's a completely normal story. Nothing special but the way it was written was oh so very special. We meet Hadley and Oliver, two people that meet at a airport and spill their worries of their life and talk about everything. In this 24 hour journey we get to see how everything is not about love at sight, how fast relationships can progress and how much we crave for everything to go to our liking.

Hadley has a great personality. She’s a fun character but let’s forget about her and move on to... how I love Oliver! He's just so real you know. No perfect smoochness. With problems of his own, insecurity, he has genuine and real feelings. Don’t see that much often in YA now do we? OMG. He’s British too. SWOON. I wanted so much more of Oliver. More of Hadley. More of Hadley and Oliver together! Though TSPLFS was just so freckin short. I’m talking about 240 pages dude :O

What else is there to say than just go buy the book. Really, experience it all for your self. Oh and one more thing... I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK. In case you didn't know already :D
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.