Kelly Martin's Reviews > Existence

Existence by Abbi Glines

Feb 21, 15

Read in January, 2011

First, for lack of a better phrase, Dank is hotness incarnate. This is quite possibly the hottest, sexiest, steamiest YA book boyfriend I've ever read.

Second, Dank? I literally smacked myself in the forehead with my Kindle when I realized oh, that's not a typo, THAT'S HIS NAME. To each his own, I guess.

You know how they say don't judge a book by it's cover? With this one, go ahead, it's ok. It's what originally drew me to the book, so kudos to whoever's responsible for that little gift of gorgeous. I'm not surprised to find out it's probably the same duo that graces the cover of Jennifer Armentrout's Lux series, who have caused quite the stir. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, whoever started this list That Girl and Hot Guy from the Obsidian Cover <3

The story was different, interesting, well thought out and not quite what I expected, but the end somewhat confusing. Is this part of a series? Because it seemed a bit cliffhangerish at the end and I would have been REALLY confused had I not read the little prequel from Death's PoV.

***Do yourself a favor and seriously, stop reading if you haven't finished the book, because this is going to get hard core spoilery and take it from someone who always reads the last paqe first, you'll want to be surprised.***

(view spoiler)

It kept my interest enough that I stayed up all night to finish, and I only spent a fraction of that time gazing stupidly at the pretty cover.

***Edit: they now have it listed as part of a Trilogy, which explains soooo much~! Also, hell yeah, I can't wait for book 2.
33 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Existence.

marie Same here! I thought he's name was a typo thingy too! HAHAHA! lolz.

message 2: by Gerda (new) - added it

Gerda 'Dank' means thanks in german... LOL

Rhomy I agree with you! In everything :)

message 4: by Karina (new) - added it

Karina I always read the last chapter of a book too! Because once I read the whole book I like to say "Oh so thats what they were talking about." lol... its always been a quirk of mine, glad to know I am not the only one :)

Jean Percy In the third book it explains his name is shortened for Dankmar, an Irish name meaning "famous for his spirit." Fitting, but would have been nice to know in the first book becuase Dank alone is a stupid ass name.

Diana Wagner Actually Dank means unpleasantly moist or wet. Danka is slang in German for thanks or thanks a lot. It is short for danke shon/shoen.