Ercsi91's Reviews > Dolores Claiborne

Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King

Dec 07, 11

Read from November 27 to December 06, 2011

I found this book in our local library and even thought I already have a Stephen King novel, this was the first one for me.
I read that this book isn't the typical "Stephen King horror", more like a crime novel.
The suspance can be easily seen, more or less the fact that there weren't chapter a bit made me confused, cause I didn't know where to stop.
I finished it real quick.
I had seen the main idea several times in crime novels or tv series, only this time a 60 year old hag is being asked that if she killed her landlady.
The interesting part in this book was the fact that the women's, Dolores Claiborne's character was really well created. Bad-mouth hag, loving mother, friend and also a murderer in one person. And the fact that the main character was old was also new to me.
And OMG! she was talking about shit! in the first pages, how does it look like, smell XDD, now this was a hard part to read on ...

Spoiler!
The best part in the novel, from my point of view was when she killed her husband. How she got the idea and found a way how to do it.
The crime scene, the nightmare and the bloody image of her crawling husband was awesome:D My favorite part XD
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dolores Claiborne.