Alexa's Reviews > Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read on November 26, 2011

Review posted on Alexa Loves Books

The first thought that comes to mind when I think of this book is that it is insane. I mean this, of course, in a good way - the book is so insane that I don't know exactly how to think or feel about it, though I will try to express myself properly in this review.

When the author contacted me about reviewing the book, he sent me a sample chapter and I was immediately hooked by the writing style. There's a nice flow and rhythm to the words, plus an air of sarcasm and subtle wit about the characters and their dialogue. This method of telling the story carried on throughout the entire novel, which definitely catered to my personal taste for irony, sarcasm and wittiness.

I thought that the premise of the tale was familiar, what with the whole puny band of humans versus an immeasurable number of zombies in an abandoned town (and you better believe it reminded me of Zombieland!). But what cracked me up was the fact that lemonade neutralized the zombie threat. There's interesting logic behind this in the novel, but the idea of squirting lemonade at zombies to get rid of them just amused me to no end (and at least now, I have that to fall back on should a zombie invasion occur).

The characters were interesting in their own way, though I didn't particular care for either Nathan or Misty. I felt like they could have been better developed on the whole, though we do learn a lot about them through their attempts to neutralize the zombie threat.

Overall, this was a quick, funny read, filled with hilarious moments, underlying sarcasm and the thrill of reading about an incredibly extreme situation. It's definitely one entertaining read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb.

message 1: by M.J. (new) - added it

M.J. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review SZJMB! I'm finally posting links to your blog--sorry it's taken me so long.