Jae's Reviews > Mistletoe & Margaritas

Mistletoe & Margaritas by Shannon Stacey

3491949
Dec 16, 11

bookshelves: 5-star, arc, contemporary, favorites, hot-shagging-action, lovvit, 2011
Read in November, 2011

From-best-friends-to-lovers has always been my favourite settings for a romance read. And this one is definitely a LOVVIT worthy.

I loved everything about this story. The H/h were very sweet with each other when they were still in the friends phase. And they were absolutely explosive together in the lovers zone.

Claire was the widow of Justin's best friend, so he always felt a strong protectiveness of her. Even after Claire's revelation that she was ready to move on and start dating again, Justin just cannot shake off his mental label of Claire as Brendan's wife rather than Claire the woman. He always felt that Claire was off-limits.

I got chocked up a bit when he went to Brendan's grave to confess his inner turmoil.

I slept with your wife. I tried not to. I tried so damn hard not to. We tried to blame the booze at first, But we weren't drunk. It was just the excuse we used to make it okay. And...then we did it again.

I hurt her. You worshipped her and you made her laugh and smile and...I made her cry. I think more than anything, you'd kick my ass just for that. God, I wish you could kick my ass right now.

I had a lovely time reading this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistletoe & Margaritas.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Taryn at My Secret Romance Nice review! I'll have to check this book out.

message 2: by Jae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jae Taryn, it is actually one of a novella in Holiday Kisses  A Holiday Romance Collection by Shannon Stacey but can be purchased separately. This one is by fav.

Taryn at My Secret Romance Thanks for letting me know, because I didn't.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Jae! I'll have to check this one out. And I love the pic. So sexy and romantic.

message 5: by Booklover (new)

Booklover Great Review.

message 6: by Jae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jae Thank you, ladies. You should definitely check this book out. Justin was such a swoon-worthy hero.

♡Karlyn P♡ great review, I can't wait for this one!