Ryan Manganiello's Reviews > The New Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Large, Loyal, Profitable Network Using the Social Web

The New Relationship Marketing by Mari Smith

Nov 27, 11

Read from November 26 to 27, 2011

I really enjoyed this book!!! It's very reader friendly, so the time and pages just flew by. I especially appreciated the fact that the author explains to the readers why they shouldn’t use abbreviations or acronyms, and gives a brief and solid explanation as to why they shouldn’t.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who might be searching for the perfect social media etiquette guide, because the author of this book from what I can gather has an unmatched moral compass when it pertains to the matter of kindness. And we can all learn a lot from her when it comes to deescalating social media disasters in the making, or ones that have already occurred in the most professional way possible.

Throughout the book the author uses herself as an example of what not to do, which is a very rare quality indeed. As an author myself, I know firsthand how difficult it can be admitting to your flaws on paper. She didn’t hesitate to admit to her failures, and explains in full how she corrected them, and how in the end she was so much stronger after learning from her mistakes going forward. One of the key takeaways included in this book is the fact that Mari Smith doesn’t rate herself or others via some frivolous online influence score, and reminds everyone to focus on great content creation instead. She reminds us all of the fact that through social media we are all equal now, and that we all have an opportunity to be recognized.

I highly recommend that you combine this book with Get Rich Click, and Likeable Media to create the ultimate social media reference guide.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The New Relationship Marketing.

11/26/2011 page 111