That Girl's Reviews > Sundays at Tiffany's

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

F 50x66
Jun 08, 2008

it was ok

This was a fairly short and predictable read. I finished it in a matter of hours but that's just the way I go about reading any book I start. Unless I must put the book down, I'd rather try my best to keep reading (keep the movie reel spinning).

I enjoyed the book for the idea behind it but I felt it lacked a lot of development and the style of writing felt very... I don't know, junior high-ish? I don't find that to be a big factor in my thoughts of the story however I do find that not enough descriptions and attention to details were present. There were too many chapters because most of the chapters were about two pages long. I understand that usually it signifies a change of setting, etc., however, combined with the large print, that just makes the book so much more shorter than it could have been.

As this being my personal review, I felt the author(s) could have done much more justice to the story than what had been done. Unlike some authors and/or readers out there, I'd rather there be too much details than not enough details. The relationships could have been developed better as well. I could not find myself feeling anything for Jane or Micheal or Vivienne or even Hugh. I did not feel any strong emotions for the relationship between Jane and Micheal in their relationship as "imaginary friends" or as adults.

So to sum it up: it's an okay story with not enough pages to get the readers to feel anything for any of the characters.
12 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sundays at Tiffany's.

Michelle Guiritan I didn't like the style of writing too.