Beckie's Reviews > The Mysterious Benedict Society

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

Aug 16, 08

Recommended for: Joseph Kearl and Garret Burnett because they were just like these kids!
Read in June, 2008

What a total romp of fun, mystery and adventure, one of the best kids books besides Harry Potter that I've read in a long time!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mysterious Benedict Society.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Joseph Beckie,

Thanks for this recommendation. Heather and I just finished reading it. It was very enjoyable. Hey, I just read a book called A View From Saturday. It is another Young Adult book. It was also very good.

-Joseph

Beckie Yes I read that a few years ago really good. If you want another really cool ya book read the absolutely true diary of a part time Indian. It is soooooooooo good! Happy thanksgiving!!!

Joseph Do I need to get it in book form or can I just get the audio?

Thanks

Joseph Aunttie B...I started listening to Diary of a Part Time Indian on Monday and I keep finding all kinds of excuses to drive my car. Do you remember the movie the Gods Must Be Crazy? There is a scene where a lady gets in to her car, drives to the street, puts her mail in her mail box, then drives back into her garage. If my mail weren't on our front porch I would drive to get the mail, just so I could listen to the book. Thanks

Beckie Joseph wrote: "Do I need to get it in book form or can I just get the audio?

Thanks"

You can get it on audio I think but it is worth reading in real life because of all the illustrations!

Garrett Burnett On your suggestion, it's going on the "to-read" list. I'm excited!

Beckie Joseph wrote: "Aunttie B...I started listening to Diary of a Part Time Indian on Monday and I keep finding all kinds of excuses to drive my car. Do you remember the movie the Gods Must Be Crazy? There is a scen..."

Beckie Ha! I totally relate "yo-sef"

I get hooked on a book and suddenly it's mending laungry cooking day and I go around with headphones burningbfoid and pressingbin wrinkles in my distraction of following the story. We love tony hillerman too we even like the movie versions by Robert Redford.

Hope you like these books as well. Mr. G B!!

Joseph Beckie wrote: "Ha! I totally relate "yo-sef"

It's like the first time I watched the 6 hr. version of Pride and Prejudice, some friends made me watch the first two hours and then after they left, I thought I would watch just one more, than just one more and then I remember saying "oh well, its already 2 AM, I guess I better just finish."