Sarah's Reviews > Small Medium at Large

4819833
Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: class-of-2k12
Read from June 03 to 05, 2012

I <3 this book!! This is a wonderful middle grades book that I think readers of all levels will enjoy. Not only is Lilah hilarious, but the ghosts that she can now hear are classic. Lilah not only has to deal with talking to her crush after an embarrassing (but hilarious) incident at the store, but her grandmother (Bubby Dora) has a mission for her. I like how the personalities of the students in the book are similar to what you'd see in school. There is so much about the interactions of the characters that I found refreshing, but I don't want to go into detail and ruin the fun of reading. I can tell you that I will make sure to have a finished copy of this in my classroom next year and will work on getting one or more in the school library. With spunky dialog and chapters that are the perfect length for a middle grades student, Small Medium at Large is a wonderful story.
If you are an older YA/ MG reader, this is the perfect quick read to help break up your reading. I hope you enjoy Small Medium at Large as much as I did. It still makes me smile :)
rating: 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Small Medium at Large.

06/03/2012 page 58
28.0% "too cute. I think this will be quite popular with our middle grade kids"
06/04/2012 page 124
60.0% "I can keep from smiling when I read this book. It's perfect for middle grades and reluctant readers! can't wait to share it with students next year."
06/05/2012 page 208
100.0% "what a fun read! I so can't wait to share this with my students next yr!! A perfect light read for middle school!"
show 1 hidden update…