Caitlyn's Reviews > How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World: The Art of Living with Style, Class, and Grace

How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World by Jordan Christy

7012020
Dec 19, 11

Read from December 10 to 19, 2011

This should be next to Romeo and Juliet for a young girl's curriculum.
This is not a book about manners or which fork is used for salad, it is about how to have a healthy social life in TODAY'S society. Geared toward a young adult audience, this truly teaches women that they so not have to act like Snooki to fit in.
I was attracted to the title, being an enormous fan of Audrey Hepburn. I am glad that Jordan Christy uses many examples of classy, intelligent, beautiful, and successful women from Hayden Pannetierre to Lauren Graham to Hilary Clinton.
Christy pokes fun at everything women secretlymake fun of about popular culture like the dumb blonde moments and trashy attiregirls wear when they're hitting the town.
The section about dating (the one I was looking most forward to) was adorable and reminded girls not to chase but to be chased. However, I did not enjoy the following chapter about fashion as much. Maybe it's the broke college kid in me, but her Christy's suggestions of getting our entire wardrobes tailored is very impractical for me. Also, on the chart describing what to wear and what to keep, I think the only thing girls would have in their closets are evening gowns and tailored suits.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World.

12/10/2011 page 45
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Wilson I wanted to read this book until you clued me in to the author using Hilary Clinton as an example of a "classy" woman. Thanks for the heads up!