Lisa RC's Reviews > Starcrossed

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Dec 27, 11

bookshelves: favorites, romance, good-writing-style, thriller, good-endings, good-concepts, urban-fantasy, unexpected
Read from December 25 to 27, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starcrossed.

Quotes Lisa Liked

Josephine Angelini
“She decided that if Lucas was gay then she was going to have to get a sex change operation. He would be so worth it.”

Josephine Angelini
“Get this. So he comes up to me at lunch, right? And he starts asking me all these questions about you. Like, how long have I known you, where are you from, did I ever meet your mom before she skipped town...'
'My mom? That's weird,' Helen interrupted.
'And I start answering him with my usual flair for clever repartee,' Claire said, a bit too innocently.
'Translation: you insulted him.”

Josephine Angelini
“I don’t care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart.”

Josephine Angelini
“So, what can't you take? Decide which of the two options is harder, and do the other. That way, no matter how hard your choice turns out to be, at least you can find comfort in knowing you're avoiding something even worse.”

Josephine Angelini
“How do you know all this about me?" Helen sputtered. Claire sighed.
"After I pushed you off the roof..." she began.
"After you WHAT?" Lucas yelled.”

Josephine Angelini
“Is that how tall you are without those ridiculous shoes?' he said derisively. I think I was born bigger than that.'

'I bet you were. Five feet of fat head and two inches of a**,' Claire muttered, standing up.

'Claire!' Helen blurted out, shocked. Lucas's shoulders were shaking with laughter. Jason pretended to take the joke OK, but Helen suspected his feelings were hurt.”

Josephine Angelini
“I only have so much willpower, Helen," he whispered. "And since you apparently sleep in the most ridiculously transparent tank top I've ever seen, I'm going to have to ask you to get under the covers before I do something stupid.”

Josephine Angelini
“I don’t know why you’re fighting it, Len. One, he’s frigging gorgeous.
Two, he’s so frigging gorgeous you need to count it twice.
Three, he saw you fall down and left practice to see if you
were okay. That’s, like, devotion.”

Josephine Angelini
“You've got the killer instincts of a houseplant.”

Josephine Angelini
“You certainly do heal fast. But you'll still have some impressive bruises, so if I were you I'd avoid your father for the rest of the night."
"I'll just tell him you abuse me," Helen said with a shrug. She jumped off the examining table.
"And I'll tell him you like it," he teased back.”

Josephine Angelini
“So what are you doing next Friday night?"
"What have you got in mind?"
"We could try hitting each other with cars," she suggested cheerfully.
"Did that last weekend with Jase," he said with mock regret.
"Go to the zoo and throw ourselves to the lions?" she fired back quickly, desperate to keep him focused on her rather than his caved-in chest.
"The Romans sort of wore that one out. Got anything original?"
"I'll think of something," she warned him.
"Can't wait!”

Josephine Angelini
“Do you have any idea how late it is? Go to sleep," she scolded as she hurried past him.

"I know, I'm going to bed right now ... Hey! YOU go to sleep," Jerry scolded back, belatedly remembering that he was the parent.”

12/26/2011 page 182