Celine's Reviews > Hunting Lila

Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson

Feb 15, 12

bookshelves: for-review
Read from February 12 to 15, 2012

Review originally posted at: http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com.au/...

Cover:
I adore this cover. I like the mysterious feel in the cover, as if the girl is running away from something. I love the colours in the cover such as the girl's blue dress and the red heels plus the picture of the door opening to somewhere.

Story:

How far are you willing to go to keep your secrets safe?

Lila is more than just an ordinary girl. She can move things with her mind. Well, that's the only thing that makes her stand out from 'ordinary', because like any other girls, Lila is in love with someone. After a mugging incident, Lila flew from London to California to meet her brother, Jack and her one and only love, Alex. As she stays with them, she unravels the truth behind their work, the truth behind her mother's death and that she is not the only one with powers. Will Lila ever reveal her secrets to the ones she loves?

Wow, this book goes beyond my expectations. I've read many great reviews on this book and how all the Aussie bloggers and readers loved and rave it. It made me really excited to read it and when I finally got the chance, it completely blew me away. Hunting Lila is written from Lila's POV and it succeeded up to every single expectations I had and it was even more than what I expected. I love the storyplot, the characters and just EVERYTHING! The book was filled with actions and swoon-worthy scenes that will leave you gripping on the edge of your seat, biting your nails, waiting for THAT MOMENT to come. And by THAT MOMENT, I mean the 'kiss', the climax, you know the drill!

Characters:
Oh this is my favourite part to talk about because I ADORE THE CHARACTERS. I do have to say that at the beginning, I felt quite annoyed with Lila and I felt that she was a bit too 'obsessed' with Alex but as I get deeper into the book, I was able to connect easily with Lila and understand her because she has loved him for 17 years, give or take and that is a LONG time. She never even confessed to Alex, yet. I think all the characters are very well-written, particularly Alex. Oh my word, you have stolen my breath, Alex. I love you to bits and pieces and will do FOREVER. He is the perfect image of a gentleman (but not quite in a Mr. Darcy way) because he can fight. He rides a motorbike. Enough said. I love Jack, the loving big brother and even Suki, the cute Japanese girl! The characters are very well described that I can imagine them as if they are actually alive and are somewhere around me!

Overall:
Hunting Lila will leave you gripping on the edge of your seat, biting your nails, waiting for THAT MOMENT to come. If you are looking for a fast-paced book filled with actions, swoon-worthy scenes and characters you'll fall in love so hard you can't stop smiling, then this book is for you! What an incredible debut! I can't wait for Losing Lila, coming out on 2nd August this year!

Thank you to Simon & Schuster Australia for the review copy!

Favourite quote:
“When you came down the stairs, and fell into me, that was the moment.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunting Lila.

Quotes Celine Liked

Sarah Alderson
“I felt his other hand sear hot against my cheek. He bent his head, and in a voice that Jack couldn’t hear, said, “When you came down the stairs, and fell into me, that was the moment.” Then his lips pressed against mine.”
Sarah Alderson, Hunting Lila

02/12/2012 page 16
5.0% "Alex, where are you? :("

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah (saz101) EEEEEE! Celine! I'm just starting this one! How are you going with it??

Celine I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK. IT MAKES ME SMILE LIKE CRAZY! <3

Sarah (saz101) OK, seriously. That's pretty high praise :D
How far through are you?

Celine I am on page 250! Almost there <3

message 5: by Melliane (new)

Melliane I so want to read this one too! Sounds like a really interesting book!

Celine I just finished it and it WAS AMAZING! You have to read it, Melliane! :)

Michelle This is the 2nd time I'm seeing the quote from you and I'm still smiling at it!

message 8: by Melliane (new)

Melliane Yes I really need! As I told you, you always read the books I want lol.

Celine Michelle wrote: "This is the 2nd time I'm seeing the quote from you and I'm still smiling at it!"

Yes, that quote is AWESOME! <3

Celine Melliane wrote: "Yes I really need! As I told you, you always read the books I want lol."

LOLOLOLOL. Don't worry, Melliane! You'll get the chance to read it! :)