Casea Major's Reviews > Ransom

Ransom by Julie Garwood

Dec 01, 11

Read from November 26 to December 01, 2011

This book was a disappointment. It came highly recommended from some very reliable sources. Alas, it was not my cuppa.

Here are the things I really liked about it. I loved the setting and the characters (with the exceptions I'll mention later)The chemistry between the hero and heroine was real.

The things I didn't like about it. - The language/dialogue seemed too contemporary. With lots of telling, little showing and details that didn't seem necessary.

But these things could have been overlooked if it weren't for the serious character flaw of the hero.

**Spoiler altert** The hero tricks the heroine into marrying him (which infuriated me)but instead of forcing him to come to terms with this trickery the heroine just lets him off the hook in what basically amounted to an "Oh that's ok, honey." (This caused me to lose faith in both of the characters) Then just when I think the hero could redeem himself he breaks a HUGE promise he made to the heroine and blatantly disregards his word though he is portrayed as an "honorable man"

It was disheartening and disappointing. I am not certain how so many people could overlook these issues. But I wish I could have and enjoyed the story more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ransom.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Diana Leigh Aw, too bad you didn't like it. RANSOM is my favorite romance ever.