Erin's Reviews > My Week With Marilyn

My Week With Marilyn by Colin Clark

Aug 06, 14

bookshelves: books-to-movies-or-tv-series, biography-autobiography-memoir, read-in-2011, reviewed
Read from November 28 to December 20, 2011 — I own a copy

"My Week with Marilyn" is gives an interesting and sympathetic view on Marilyn Monroe.

One good thing about "My week with Marilyn" is that it gives MM fans a rare glimpse and portrayal of Marilyn on a movie set. Marilyn is famous for her late appearances to set and Colin Clark gives context and a young insight into Marilyns work on "The Prince and The Call girl".
It was interesting to read about Marilyn's anxiety and nerves on set-the interference of Marilyn's acting coach and the conflicts on set.
But other than that-the "Romance" between Marilyn and Colin seems unrealistic. Sort of like a fairy tale adventure of a boy falling in love with
an iconic movie star.
I don't know if it's the way that it is written or what but I was sort of skeptical about the whole goes on with Marilyn and Colin.

Colin protrays Marilyn as child like-this is popular belief- he does paint a sympathetic and sweet view of Marilyn Monroe-not the icon but the "women child" underneath the sex goddess persona.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Week With Marilyn.

11/28/2011 page 61