Anna's Reviews > The Redeemer

The Redeemer by Jo Nesbø

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012, bookcrossing
Read in February, 2012

Jo Nesbø books should come with a warning. Addictive. Please have the rest of Harry Hole series easily available when you start to read one.
Also as a recommendation, the series is best enjoyed in chronological order.

The book begins brilliantly. Short chapters, man kills another, man travels in the underground... another man emerges from an underground in another city. So directly to the action and again hooked after the first few pages. What a perfect Harry Hole book to enjoy while it's still cold and wintery enough outside, and while staying mostly in bed because of some weird stomach bug. The only complaint about this book I have is that I don't have another Harry Hole that I wouldn't have read yet already waiting for me on my book pile.

The killer whose footsteps and travels we follow in the beginning flies to Oslo to kill a man from Salvation Army. But perhaps he killed a wrong man, as next the man's brother is being hunted by the same killer. Add as usual a bunch of interesting characters with interesting backgrounds, exotic Norway as a location, add greed, corruption, love, the usual crowd of detectives and stir.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Redeemer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

bookczuk Addict x 2 in this house. The new Thompson book arrived today. I'll read it and send it to you, since husband has to read lucifer's tears, (and this one, which I think you said you'd send) first. He's got a serious case of Nesbø fever. :)

Anna Awesome. :)
Make sure your hubby reads the Thompson stuff in order too (just to make them more enjoyable).
I'll add the BC tag to The Redeemer, and try to hit the post office some time (=as soon as I can) soon to get it on your way (hopefully Saturday or next week latest).

Helene I couldn't have said it better myself!

Beth Just finished this -- I'm still trying to figure out one piece of the puzzle. Why did the Little Redeemer carry urinal blocks in his jacket pockets? I thought it would be brilliantly explained somewhere -- but nothing, unless I missed it. Do you remember/know?