Loren Harway's Reviews > The Outlaw Demon Wails

The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison

Aug 04, 08

Recommended to Loren by: That guy at the store. Nice man.
Recommended for: Bis
Read in August, 2008

** spoiler alert ** In my opinion this is the best of the Hollows so far. The heavy dose of ever-after that the reader is subjected to near the end is so delicious that it rivals and then surpasses the ending of For a Few Demons More.

Nice to see Demons make in the mix again, A Fistful of Charms was lonely. The wary trust between Madam and Mister Algaliarept will undoubtedly make the seventh book. Provided there is one...
I've been told (by various unreliable sources) that this will be the last on the grounds that it 'wraps up too many of the storylines' and that it 'ends way to satisfactorily'. To this analysis, I laugh. We don't know who Kisten's killer is though I believe it to be the Undead Agitator from bk4. No, too many loose strings remain. Once again, I laugh.

I was dissapointed at Harrison seemingly backtracking and deciding that (for now, at least) the Ivy/Rachel relationship is destined to be platonic. Hmm. Seems a little unusual given the elaborate build-up. I don't mind if Rachel dates Marshal or others it just seemed a little strange. I didn't think Rachel's resolute stance would stick. Her morals rarely do.
I also wanted to witness her first 'lesson' with Al. Oh well.
Can't have everything, I guess.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Outlaw Demon Wails.