Ali's Reviews > Agatha Raisin and a Spoonful of Poison

Agatha Raisin and a Spoonful of Poison by M.C. Beaton

Nov 26, 11

Read in November, 2011

You know where you are with Agatha Raisin, they're not taxing books, not complicated and they each run pretty much along similar lines. In this one we the good old village fete and a bizarre poisoning. I was glad this didn't go over the top again like we had a couple of books ago, the story is more reminiscent of earlier A R novels except fotr the detective agency and the new characters. I did think this one did seem a bit padded out. As if M C Beaton had to write a certain length book and the plot didn't quite fill it. This is an easy cosy read, enjoyable enough, Agatha is her usual self, as is Sir Charles, Mrs Bloxby and Roy - always glad to see these old favourites, I'm just not so convinced by the newer characters like Toni and Harry. I was amused to see Agatha raging over the smoking ban - which brings things up to date a bit - amazing therefore that Agatha never gets any older, something the actual A R would be delighted by. I have the next 2 in the series tbr - and will read them, but maybe my love of A R is waning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Agatha Raisin and a Spoonful of Poison.