Sarah's Reviews > The One That I Want

The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols

Dec 11, 11

bookshelves: autobuy, awesome-brain-candy, disco-chicken, contemporary-ya, preordered, dec-2011, fun-reads, music
Recommended for: Maggie & Noelle
Read from December 10 to 11, 2011

I'm convinced the writer of the book description never read this book. The book description just makes it sound like a generic teen book with no substance and there's actually a lot going on in this one, especially with the realistic love hate relationship between Gemma and her best friend.

Super cute, vintage Jen Echols read. I had hoped it'd be more of a romcom like Major Crush, but it was still a fun, satisfying read that I finished in one evening. I enjoyed this more than her other 2011 release, Love Story.

Oh, and the first couple chapters read like an issue book, but that doesn't continue, so don't worry. (Seriously... during the first couple of chapters, I was like, "WTF? Jennifer Echols wrote an issue book?! Arg."

And, I have to note that I always appreciate that Jennifer's books always feature diverse characters, and this one continues that trend.

The One That I Want really made me look forward to Echols' adult release, coming out next year--she's so good at creating tension and fun chemistry between characters, and does so with a sense of humor, that I'm eager to see how that'll translate to an adult audience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The One That I Want.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fiona (new)

Fiona how do u read books online on goodreads??