Madison Daub's Reviews > Anne Frank: Her life in words and pictures from the archives of The Anne Frank House

Anne Frank by Menno Metselaar

F 50x66
Nov 26, 11

Read in November, 2011

I chose to read a biography book. I chose a book about Anne Frank by Menno Metselaar. I like this book because even though I already knew the story about Anne Frank and her family, this book gives excerpts from her diary and photos of her and her family. Her family tried to hide from the Nazi's and after 2 years of hiding they found the family. Anne kept a diary throughout the tough times and talked about all of her struggles. The diary turned out to be truly inspirational. I think this book would be good for grade 5th and up. This book shows pictures of her and it really shows children how she just lived a normal life as a child and then everything was turned upside down. In the middle of the book it shows a lot of pictures of not only Anne and her family but of other Jewish families who were in the Nazi death camps at the time. Otto Frank was the only one who survived from the family and he was there when they opened the attic up to the public in 1960 when it was a tourist attraction. This book gives a lot of good information and I really think children will enjoy reading this book because of the real life stories that happen in this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne Frank.