Anne's Reviews > Superman: True Brit

1720620
Aug 03, 14

bookshelves: comics, graphic-novels, humor, read-in-2011
Read from November 30 to December 02, 2011

Awwwww. I was looking forward to this one.
Too bad it sucked. Where was the Funny that I was promised? It wasn't between the pages of True Brit, that's for sure. This thing was just stoopid.
Unless you like getting whacked upside the head with subtle satire, then skip this.

See?! See?! The English are reserved! They don't like drawing attention to themselves! Oh! And Brittish tabloids are smarmey!
*chortle, chortle*

And that was the entire story.
Yeah, I'm not kidding.
Go find something else to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Superman.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen I was going to pick this up...Thank you for saving me and taking one for the team.

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill I love your scathing reviews. They make me smile.

message 3: by Anne (new) - rated it 1 star

Anne Stephen wrote: "I was going to pick this up...Thank you for saving me and taking one for the team."

Feels like I've been 'taking quite a few for the team' lately. I need to start paying more attention to bad reviews.
If you do still want to read it, make sure you use the library or borrow from a friend. Don't spend money on this thing!

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Anne wrote: "Feels like I've been 'taking quite a few for the team' lately."

I know the feeling...the amount of scar tissue on my psyche is staggering. Still, I would jump in front the next bad book to save you if I could.

message 5: by Anne (new) - rated it 1 star

Anne My hero! *swoon*
I have a good feeling about most of the books I grabbed this time around. The only one I'm a little iffy on is
Thor  For Asgard by Robert Rodi.
The cover is making me a little nervous. I think this one could go really bad really fast...

message 6: by Anne (new) - rated it 1 star

Anne Jill wrote: "I love your scathing reviews. They make me smile."

I think scathing is going to be my Word Of The Day. It just rolls off your tongue in such a fun way!

And now I sound like Dr. Seuss.

message 7: by Charles (new)

Charles Have you read Red Son? Maybe you can take that bullet too...

message 8: by Sesana (new)

Sesana Charles wrote: "Have you read Red Son? Maybe you can take that bullet too..."

I read that so long ago I don't even remember what I thought of it.

message 9: by Anne (new) - rated it 1 star

Anne I've already taken the Red Son bullet, Charles. I didn't care for it. Blech. It wasn't as bad as this, but I thought it was pretty boring.
Sesana, maybe you can do a re-read of it...LOL!

message 10: by Sesana (new)

Sesana Yeah, probably not.

message 11: by Anne (new) - rated it 1 star

Anne Can't say that I blame you.

message 12: by Logan (new)

Logan I haven't read this but this just seems like a Red Son ripp off!

message 13: by Anne (new) - rated it 1 star

Anne Not even close. It's supposed to be funny, but it missed the mark (my opinion).

message 14: by Logan (new)

Logan Anne wrote: "Not even close. It's supposed to be funny, but it missed the mark (my opinion)." well that's disappointing!