Victor Gentile's Reviews > Shadows from the Past

Shadows from the Past by Ashley Dawn

Nov 26, 11

Read in November, 2011

Ashley Dawn in her new book, "Shadows from the Past" Book One in the Shadows series published by Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC gives us an investigation into a drug lord and a serial killer.

From the back cover: “…It is the price you pay for choosing to be a cop. Your brother’s life…”

Those words haunt her dreams, and her waking moments. LAPD officer, Aurora Kavvan cannot rest until she finds her brothers killer. Digging into the past always brings back unpleasant things: memories, guilt…the hit man. Now she is in a race against time to find the murderer before he finds her.

“Kill her. I don’t care how, and I don’t care where, but I want her dead now!”

Someone was trying to kill his dead partner’s sister. FBI agent, Jordan Reiley will stop at nothing to protect the woman he loves. Even if it means going against her wishes; putting himself between her and the man who murdered her brother.

Will God keep them alive long enough for them to find the truth?

LAPD officer Aurora Kavvan is haunted by the death of her FBI agent brother, Lance. She blames herself because not only could she not stop his death but Lance was killed with her gun. This guilt caused her to break her engagement with her fiance, Jordan Reiley, who also was her brother's partner. When Aurora's partner, Joe, is shot while on a stake-out, and another attempt is made on Aurora's life, Jordan becomes her partner and protector. Now, working together, they try to find who's responsible and also bring down a drug lord they've been after for years.

"Shadows from the Past" is a thriller in every sense of the word. Everyone's lives are in danger as they hunt for a killer and take down a drug lord. This alone is worth the price of admission but there is more. Ms. Dawn also gives us a romance. So not only are we flipping the pages as fast as we can to keep up with the investigations we are also deeply engrossed as their love re-blooms. This is great fun to read. "Shadows from the Past" deals with having to deal with unresolved issues from the past that keep us from our future. It deals with the burden of guilt and turning back to faith in God after walking away from Him. Ms. Dawn has a great way of telling the story and moving it along at a nice pace. Her characters are wonderful and she gives them life and unique voices. Well done.

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the author. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows from the Past.