Rebecca ♥ Kishan & Warner ♥'s Reviews > Blood Will Tell

Blood Will Tell by Samantha Young

May 04, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, young-adult, mythology, horror, reviewed, ebook
Read from May 02 to 03, 2012

Warning for those expecting a normal YA paranormal romance. This is very dark with a lot of extremely violent and disturbing scenes. The stuff of nightmares. Its still YA but I wouldnt recommend it for those too young, or those with week stomachs.

Eden is a supernatural being called Blessed. They have extremely dark impulses. Extremely dark. She has grown up to the sounds of screams coming from the basement of her family home her whole life. Now that she is starting to get the urges too she is fighting them, because unlike the rest of her family, she has a conscience because she is only half Blessed. Her best friend Noah knows what she is although Eden doesnt know that he knows. She thinks that if he knew he would hate her and leave. But he is trying to save her from it.

Its a very dark world that Samantha Young created, and it is fascinating. Eden's struggle is intense and you cant help sympathizing for her. She went through so much that she didnt deserve. But she was so strong. And I cant help sympathizing for Noah either. Poor guy was so torn. How do you come to terms with having feelings for someone like Eden? She has so much darkness in her. But Noah was amazing. He never gave up on her and he could always see the good in her, even when she was trying to eat him. I cant wait to see if a relationship develops between them. He must have strong feelings for her in order to overcome that. A romance was not explored in this book but I definitely see it happening.

I am also excited to learn more about their world and their history. They seem to have a lot of mythology behind them and I cant wait to learn more about where they came from. This ended a bit abruptly so I will be reading the second, Blood Past, right away. I highly recommend this for paranormal fans who love dark new worlds and a little mythology.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Will Tell.

05/02/2012 "Wow, I wanted dark and thats what I got. What an opening scene! Horrific. Now, here's hoping for the romance I was also looking for." 9 comments
05/02/2012
26.0% 3 comments
05/03/2012 "Damn. Error in the middle of my ebook. Need to find another copy."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zuleeza (new)

Zuleeza Thanks for alerting me about this review. Of course I'm interested! :D So, would you still continue on with the series?

message 2: by Zuleeza (new)

Zuleeza Opps! Just noticed you're currently reading the second book!

message 3: by Rebecca ♥ Kishan & Warner ♥ (last edited May 04, 2012 03:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rebecca ♥ Kishan & Warner ♥ Zuleeza wrote: "Opps! Just noticed you're currently reading the second book!"

Yeah, the first chapter of the second book was included at the end of this, so it made me really wanna continue. It felt like the first book just merged with the second. And it ended so abruptly I was like No! So I had to buy the next one right away from amazon. :P