Zumbagirl's Reviews > Lions and Lace

Lions and Lace by Meagan McKinney

Having been a Judith McNaught fan for many years, I was looking forward to this book as it has been compared to her writing. Unfortunately, for me, it didn't work out that well and I actually remember reading this book years ago - didn't love it then or now. Alana and Trevor just had too many problems and issues. However, I did love the other characters - Trevor's sister Mara and brother Eagan and Alana sister Christal - all added nice dimension to the story. The setting is in New York - and being a native New Yorker I thought that would be appealing - but it wasn't. If you like a dark, brooding hero who seems impossible of forgiving anyone, a heroine who doesn't know what to do with said man, lots of jealousy and problems, this may be the book for you. But it just wasn't what I needed or wanted. They do have their HEA - but things needed to be resolved or somewhat resolved a whole lot sooner in the story. I also need to take a break from problem marriages and find some funny, light books - so my review may be skewed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lions and Lace.

Lisa Kay Yes, this is one I would probably lower the rating on if I were to re-read it today. I do remember I like the second one in this series better.

Zumbagirl Lisa Kay wrote: "Yes, this is one I would probably lower the rating on if I were to re-read it today. I do remember I like the second one in this series better."

Lisa, it was so weird that I didn't remember reading it before, but then as soon as I got into it I did. I guess sometimes our reading interests change as we get older. I generally no longer like a darkly intense hero, which Trevor was. But I love Lisa Kleypas' heroes now!!

message 3: by willaful (new)

willaful I think I read it at just the right time. The second one holds up somewhat better, IIRC.

Lisa Kay Okay, willa, what does IIRC mean? LOL! Yes, I re-read Fair is the Rose (Van Alen Sisters, #2) by Meagan McKinney a couple of years ago and I think it still holds up well.