Elizabeth Noah Astle's Reviews > Full Blast

Full Blast by Janet Evanovich

Nov 26, 11

Read in November, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Another story in the Full series. Max and Jamie start to heat up their relationship. In the meantime someone was murdered in Beaumont and Max and Jamie go to investigate as they think it may be related to the personal ads that started to run in the local newspaper.

Dee Dee and Frankie are expecting but, you don't read a lot about them as the story does focus on Max and Jamie. Lamar Tevis is his usual chief of police self.

Overall, this is a cute story, though I prefer the Plum series. I know that the words say that Jamie is head over heals for Max but, I just can not seem to feel it so much. Then again I can as I know the feeling of your stomach doing flip flops for a guy.

As the investigation gets further along, Max and Jamie take their relationship even farther and eventually get to talking with each other about how they feel. Along the way of the investigation, Jamie goes on a 'date' with one of the men--Larry Johnson, to see if he is a possible murderer. Larry has anger and drinking issues. She also meets with a John Price who is 25 years her senior and wants to keep things on a discreet level when he starts seeing someone.

Also introduced in this book is Destiny. She is a psychic who came into town as she was told she needed to be there for an advice coloumn--The Divine Love Goddess Advisor. Destiny can be a bit of a character as she has a spirit, Ronny, who has not accepted he is dead yet and has attached himself to her. I half expected for Ronny to realize in this book that Fleas was his dog, and the pickup in the back of Jamie's house is his--but, he has not seen it yet so he does not know.

A cute story line--I think I had read this book before in the series so I already had a vague memory as to who the killer turned out to be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Blast.