Andrea Guy's Reviews > Seduction & Scandal

Seduction & Scandal by Charlotte Featherstone

Dec 02, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, harlequin, historical-fiction, romance, netgalley
Read from November 26 to 30, 2011

This book started out a little slow for me, but once the story really got going it was great. Charlotte Featherstone has created a set of characters that you'll enjoy getting to know over the course of three books.

The story within the story is what really makes this a fun read. Isabella wants to write women's fiction, and the story she's working on is really heating up the pages at least in her time period. It makes it more exciting that the story she is writing seems to be paralleling her life!

Lord Black is the kind of hero we all want to find in the pages of these dark/gothic novels. I loved how the Brethren Guardians were tied in to the Templar's. I've always loved stories that revolve around relics. The mixture of mystery and romance was nicely done too, once the story took off.

The only problem I had with the story was how obvious the pairings would be in the books to come. Lucy and Sussex were definitely destined to be together, and it is hard to believe there has to be a book devoted to them, when they really have feelings for each other in this one. The same can be said about Elizabeth and her marquis.

All this leaves for quite a bit of unfinished business at the end of the story, but it makes you want to read on to the next book, so Charlotte has definitely accomplished her goal. Plus the characters are really so interesting that you don't want them to leave your life too quickly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction & Scandal.