Cindy ~ SnS Reviews's Reviews > Blame It On Texas

Blame It On Texas by Christie Craig

4512039
Aug 22, 12

Read from August 17 to 18, 2012

As usual we get lots of humor and romance with a little suspense thrown in Christie's latest. The first meeting between Zoe and Tyler is hilarious. Zoe is deathly afraid of clowns. And after finally working up the nerve to go to the PI's for help her first run in with Tyler is him dressed as a clown and her running away almost screaming. The guys are working for the same man that Zoe wants/needs more information about. She thinks she is the grand daughter that had been kidnapped and found dead many years ago.

All the characters from the first book are back in this one. We get to see Dallas and Nikki moving into there new place. See how Tony and LeAnn are doing with a nice surprise. Bud the crazy dog gets some competition from Zoe's one eye'd 3 legged scared cat.

As with the first one we also have a secondary romance. Rick, a cop who is doing undercover work for the PI's , and Ellen, Nikki’s best friend who was stabbed in book 1 and is now working in the office for the guys. She is a single mother who doesn't trust a man as far as she could throw him. Rick is a dad but doesnt have custody of his son but is trying desperately to get him from his mother who is pretty much an unfit parent. As he had never really been a parent before he has no clue what he should do and after finally wearing down the very skeptical Ellen to help him once he gets his son the two realize there is quite the spark between them.

I really liked Zoe and Tyler but I have to say Rick and Ellen's romance was just a bit more interesting. I am looking forward to Austin's book. And one of the best thinks I like about this series is how all the books have such a comradery of friends and family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blame It On Texas.