Sofija's Reviews > Two Weeks' Notice

Two Weeks' Notice by Rachel Caine

Aug 30, 12

Read from August 22 to 27, 2012

"Two Weeks' Notice" is on the level better then “Working Stiff”.

Actually, Ms.Caine fixed almost all the things that made me lower my rating for the first book.

And the biggest change was with main character. In "Two Weeks' Notice" Bryn is tougher, more active, more capable. She still gets her butt kicked, but unlike in the first book, she kicks right back.

I also liked, that there was a bit more romance. Not too much to shift the focus of the book, but just enough to spice all the fighting and explosions.

As far as the plot goes, it is - as always in Ms.Caine case – excellent! Fast-paced, packed with actions and corporate horrors – all components for the great Urban Fantasy!

I want to compliment Rachel Caine on her ability to create great villains. She is especially good with women villains. Their detachment, twisted logic and calm cruelty make you more afraid than explosive violence ever could.

By the end things turned to be really gruesome and terrifying, but I guess it will make the next book only more exiting!

The “Terminated” is scheduled almost a year from now and I’ve already started countdown to read about Bryn new adventures.

P.S. Joe is my new favorite character in this series. Also, Mr.French is pretty close to him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Weeks' Notice.

08/23/2012
30.0% "Has someone else noticed that Ms.Caine has weird aversion towards siblings? In all her books if any of the characters have siblings, they are either evil or dead. Or both. And not particularly in that order…"
show 2 hidden updates…