Judy's Reviews > The Bite Before Christmas

Nov 25, 2011

bookshelves: to-read

The Bite Before Christmas
The Gift by Lynsay Sands
Teddy Brunswick had watched his two best friends, Elvi and Mable, find life mates and they were both more like twenty-five year old rather than looking like him at sixty-four. He envied them. They had youth and love in their lives and he was just looking at a lonely life of retirement. Christmas made him feel like a charity case as he would be invited to join other families so he would not be alone. When Marguerite offered him a cabin this Christmas he couldn't refuse her, the idea of being alone was better than being alone in a crowd. What he did not expect was his Christmas neighbor.

Katricia Argeneau was staying at her cousin Decker's cottage when the power went out. When she went outside to see if her blood supply would be coming she noticed she had a neighbor and couldn't believe when she tried to read him, and could not! They decide to join forces, he has a fireplace for heat and she has food she can bring over. All Katricia wants to do is let him know they are life mates. She had called her Aunt and found out that Teddy knew about their kind but Aunt Marguerite suggested she get to know him a few days so she did not scare him off. The last thing Teddy wanted to do was run, he never thought that he could be so lucky to have a life mate of his own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bite Before Christmas.

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim this sounds like a lovely story. but I cant read it yet
I am so swamped with home work that I have to give it up for a while.
Oh the horror! lol.
thank you for sending me these. I like the stuff you read.

message 2: by Judy (new) - added it

Judy Kim wrote: "this sounds like a lovely story. but I cant read it yet
I am so swamped with home work that I have to give it up for a while.
Oh the horror! lol.
thank you for sending me these. I like the stuff y..."

Thanks Kim. I did not read the 2nd story in the book as I have not read the previous stories by that author. I enjoy Lynsay's Argeneau series though.