Sonora's Reviews > Tangled Tides

Tangled Tides by Karen Amanda Hooper

Nov 27, 11

Read in November, 2011

I have to admit, I have a defenite weakness for anything mermaid. And lately with all the crazy vampire, werewolf, fallen angel stuff going on I have not been able to satisfy my craving for the people of the sea. Thankfully, Tangled Tides took up a little part of that mermaid shaped hole inside me. But the reason I rated it 4 stars was not because of my mermaid love but because it did all the right things where YA paranormal books normally go wrong. For once you get a strong, feisty heroine who is REALISTIC. Yara wasn't the type who seems unbeatable, she had actual weaknesses which is nice. But to me it was obvoius this book was about Yara and Treygan since the supporting characters were fine but not great. There's also something to be said about the originality of the plot line which did not seem repeated. The whole romance between Yara and Treygan seemed real and thankfully it was not love at first sight. So overall, Tangled Tides ticked a lot of boxes for me. I would defenitly recommend it to anyone looking for a good YA romance that pulls away from all the other ones out there.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangled Tides.