Mollie *scoutrmom*'s Reviews > Sunrise Point

Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr

Apr 21, 12

bookshelves: romance, read-in-2012
Recommended for: fans of contemporary romance
Read on April 20, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Once again, I found a book on the grocery store rack days before the official release date. Yay!

I liked this book a lot, but it was not over-the-top for me like many of the earlier works in this series were. Perhaps it was because I read the book at the end of a very stressful day. Who knows. I'll give it another try when next I read through the series, as I do every year or so. You may see a better review from me then.

The heroine is typical of many we see from Carr, a single mom in dire circumstances due to circumstances beyond her control. Her self-esteem needs boosting. She blames herself for the life choices that helped bring her to this point and feels she may not deserve better.

Our pals in Virgin River are teaching her otherwise. She may have to accept their charity for now, but by gum, she is worthy!

The hero is not very deeply drawn, but he is believable. He, being such a guy, is clueless about his feelings until the relationship seems to be ending. I loved his mother, even though he's old enough to be a military veteran he's not too old to be sat down, given a talking-to, and forced to examine his feelings and actions and their consequences.

I did like that the heroine would not sleep with him until nearly the end of the book. She seemed to be growing and maturing throughout the story.

(view spoiler)

I'm keeping this one around because the rest of the stories in the series are keepers for me, and I'd hate to have a gap in my collection.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunrise Point.