Mandy's Reviews > Power Down

Power Down by Ben Coes

2061740
Nov 25, 11

This was a Reader's Choice at the library, so I gave it a try. Be aware that there are quite a few "F-bombs" which I really feel is unnecessary. Anyway, the premise of this book is a terrorist attack on American energy sites, oil, electricity, etc. The terrorists were sleepers in America for quite a while, and the guy in charge was pretty brilliant. It was somewhat predictable, but the characters were engaging. I found a couple of things interesting. One was that the author wrote this years before the energy crisis that we find ourselves in now. I dont know when it was published,but he wrote it years before we the current situation. The other thing I found interesting was the reason the main terrorist gave for causing mass destruction. I dont want to give the story away, but his reasoning was based on the loss of his mom when he was young. Therefore (of course, it would only make sense) one needs to cause great pain to many innocent people as payback. Overall, this was a pretty good read, and since I enjoy conspiracy and espionage, it held my interest.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Power Down.