Daisiemae's Reviews > Rated: X-Mas

Rated by Barbara Karmazin

Jun 15, 08

bookshelves: books-read-in-2008, books-to-i-will-never-part-with, contemporary-romance, erotica, fantasy, futuristic, werewolf-shapeshifter
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I like Jet Mykles books...when they aren't in first person...lol
Recommended for: Fans of Menage/romantica...Fans of erotica that pushes the envelope...

WHEW! Where's my Iced Tea? I will go out on a limb and say that this book isn't for everyone. There is menage scenes with M/M/F, M/F/M, F/FM/M, M/FM/M scenes in it. (FM stands for a hermaphrodite...I wasn't sure of how to say it...lol)
I really enjoyed this book. It is a three story anthology written by differnent authors. This book pushes the envelope on what some may or may not enjoy with their erotica.
Twice Blessed by Rachel Bo
When Jenny runs into the Blake brothers several years after their triste together a few years ago, they are more determined than ever to not let her run away from them again, and to prove to her that she is the mate they have been looking for.
With any Rachel Bo book, I thought this story had some very well developed characters. It isn't always roses and champagne with her books. They have issues to work out, and this story was not exception. I loved them together, and I found myself cheering them on throughout the story. My only gripe is I wish would have been longer, but (sigh) I can't have everything...lol
Christmas Noir By Barbara Karmazin
Shannon McNal is not your typical heroine. She is a hermaphrodite, and an activist for others like her to be treated fairly, and to be accepted in a world that looks upon hermaphrodites as freaks. She is a very intelligent, beautiful woman (she has both male and female genitals) but also a very lonely one. When her life becomes in danger, she is put under 24 hour police protection by two of the most intriguing people she has ever met.
Fergus and Tanny are partners in and out of work. They are very happy together, but when they must protect the sweet, sexy Shannon, but Fergus and Tanny find themselves drawn to her.
This was a first for me. I haven't ever read a story about a hermaphrodite before. I found myself really wanting them all to be together. Fergus and Tanny are perfect for Shannon because they fulfill all of her sexual desires for both male and females. I REALLY wish this had been a full length novel, and I plan on looking into this author more. I thought it was well-written, I cared about the characters and really didnt' give a rip if Shannon was different or not...I even didn't care that it had F/FM contact...I just thought they all belonged together, so that makes a great story to me. :)
UNFORTUNATELY...Jet Mykles story was written in first person. I TRIED so HARD to read it and I just couldn't. I love Jet's other books, but when she writes stories in first person it drives me crazy!!!!! I am sure it was good...but I just can't get past my PROBLEM....lol

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rated.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julie (jjmachshev) Shel,
This is one I've been looking for...pls let me know if it's worth the price!
J

Daisiemae Julie,
Yeah I thought I would treat myself with this one, I just ordered it yesterday..lol
Would you like to borrow it after I read it? I can put it and the Dark Elves series in there for ya... :)

Julie (jjmachshev) Not sure if I'll want to borrow or just go ahead and buy! ;)
I got the books you sent!! Which ones do I return? My memory banks seems to be disintegrating...cause it certainly can't be a 'senior moment'!
J

message 4: by Auntee (new)

Auntee I'm getting a headache...are you sure you mentioned every possible combo? lol!

Daisiemae LMAO...well Auntee...I don't ever want to be accused of not warning people if it is something they would be offended to read. It happened to me once before here, so I go MAYBE (hee hee) a little overboard...but at least everyone knows what to expect...lol Sorry about the headache...hee hee