Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Vamped Up

Vamped Up by Kristin Miller

Nov 26, 11

bookshelves: 2011, ebook, net-galley, paranormal-romance
Read from November 25 to 26, 2011

Vamped Up was a little strange for me. I think the majority of that was due to the fact that Eve and Rune is a couple and in love at the end of InterVamption. This allowed Vamped Up to progress more like an Urban Fantasy than a Paranormal Romance. The readers are given plenty of action and the evil does plotting towards the various havens very present and causing even more havoc than before. The book moves at a fast pace and the action and plot twists keep the pages turning. I just felt the romance was lacking, especially the sexual aspect of the romance.

Rune and Eve were a solidified couple and running away to hide from other vampires at the end of InterVamption. At the beginning of Vamped Up they are four weeks into their new relationship trying to overcome some interesting hurdles. Eve’s very special blood is causing some bloodlusting on Rune. Eve wants her lover to have that intimate connection with her. He is having some problems with taking her vein and these issues are dredging up some interesting things from Rune’s past. Eve is also so much more than what she was originally thought to be. This interesting twist puts her in far more danger than her blood ever did.

The prophetic revelations that are reveled are shocking. As readers learned in the first book of the series the Vampires of Crimson Bay rely heavily on the prophecies of their elders. The found pages of their cherished Grimorium Verum are just the tip of the iceberg. I am enjoying the lore that Miller has given her brand of vampire.

I will continue this series. I like the species of paranormals presented in these pages. The readers are given vampires, therians (shifters,) vamp-therian hybrids, and we are introduced to something new that was left unnamed. I am definitely interested into where this character will go and what he will turn out to be. The ending left me with the feeling that he will be the hero of the next book in the series, Vamp Appeal.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vamped Up.