J.A. Saare's Reviews > Brianna

Brianna by Judy Mays

Nov 25, 2011

Read in November, 2011

I've always enjoyed sci-fi/fantasy erotic romance and Brianna delivers. Perfect reading (or I think so) when you're preparing a Thanksgiving meal and/or traveling to visit family.

As a side note: This is a current free read from Ellora's Cave that I picked up. If you're curious about the book I'd recommend swinging by EC (all formats are available) or Amazon (I'm not sure about B & N, since I don't have a NOOK) and snagging your own copy.

I'm anxious to read the next book in the series to discover what happens next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brianna.

Monique Thanks for the recommendation. I just went to Amazon to get a copy. :-)

J.A. Saare Hey Monique. :) I hope you like it. You can't beat free and I was entertained from start to finish. Very complex world build and tons of heat.

J.A. Saare Oh, by the way, there are TONS of EC freebies right now if you swing by the site. :) Just to let you know in case you're searching for things to add to your Kindle.

Monique Thanks Jaime. I did pick up a couple of other freebies today.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Thanks for the heads up! I downloaded to my Nook for free (so, yeah, B&N has it at $0.)

J.A. Saare Hey Anna! Thanks for sharing that info. I hope you like the book. I'm a bit (okay, a LOT) of a smut lover, so it hit the spot (that sounds so wrong). :)

J.A. Saare Oh, and there is another I got for Kindle: The Courage To Love by Samantha Kane. It's another EC title that's free and sounds good. I'm sure B & N has that on as well.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) LOL...I use to think smut was for shady-looking men wearing trenchcoats in an adult bookstore. Not anymore! *snicker snicker snort* Makes me think of the Seinfeld episode regarding menage a trois.

"Don't you know what it means to become an orgy guy? It changes everything. I'd have to dress different. I'd have to act different. I'd have to grow a moustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and I'd need a new bedspread and new curtains I'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. I'd have to get new friends. I'd have to get orgy friends. ... Naw, I'm not ready for it.
Jerry Seinfeld in "The Switch"

J.A. Saare LOL! I've been reading romance since I was thirteen but it wasn't until a few years ago that I discovered Ebooks and erotic (and I do erotic) romance. I understand why some folks dislike it but...well...I'm hooked. I read a lot of different genres but I always return to erom.

That quote is hilarious. :D

message 10: by Anna (Bobs Her Hair) (last edited Nov 25, 2011 06:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_pv_...

It's on YouTube. That show had some funny episodes. Oh, and thanks for mentioned the Samantha Kane book. I downloaded it. Just not sure it's my cuppa since it has m/m in it. Not quite there yet but I'll give it a try. What did Justin Timberlake sing in a skit for Saturday Night Live? I think it's "it ain't gay in a three way." LOL

message 11: by J.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.A. Saare ROFL! I'm going to check the video out now. I'm not a huge M/M reader but I've found a few I've enjoyed. I like menage with M/M/F -- those are usually my favorites. I like when the emotional ties are between three people instead of the guys and gal.

message 12: by J.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.A. Saare LOL Courtney! :D Glad to help.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Thanks for the book rec. I really liked it. Hopefully, Ban will get a book.

message 14: by J.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.A. Saare Hey Anna,

I'm glad you liked it! I want Ban to get a book too. I did read the second one, which I didn't like nearly as well. I checked Ms. May's website and the third book appears to be Beti's.

I'm not sure if you recall the hoopla over her books in April but the author was outed in her town by a mother who didn't like her son being taught English by an erotic author. It was all over the news. Authors, readers, and former students rallied to her defense but I'm not sure how long it will be until she writes again.

The entire mess was entirely unnecessary.

message 15: by Anna (Bobs Her Hair) (last edited Nov 27, 2011 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Oh! I didn't know that. At the end of the book, I read she was a 10th grade teacher. Anyway, what a horrible thing for her and her family to go through. Hopefully, she wasn't dismissed. Teachers have come a long way from the time they weren't allowed to teach once they married or became pregnant. It's not as if she was teaching her students how to write erotic fiction.

*edited to add*

The article and video show a small town with some small minds. She taught in the school district for 25 years and once knowledge of her second job became known as of last spring everyone questions her morals. One parent speculated that the teacher/author may be looking at her son inappropriately. I would hate to live in that town. What do they think of people that read erotic novels? Maybe they'll 'out' everyone and burn books. Idiots!

message 16: by J.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.A. Saare It was really bad but she's still teaching. You can read about it here:

So sad, really. Teachers don't make much money and provide the biggest service to our children. I'm feel ashamed on behalf of the parents who would never do something like this.

Feistygodwin Loved it! 33 years as an English teacher, dude the woman deserves saint hood!

message 18: by J.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars