Heather's Reviews > The Royals

The Royals by Leslie Carroll

Nov 25, 2011

bookshelves: england, non-fiction
Read on October 10, 2012 — I own a copy

I picked up this book because I was interested in the reproductions that would be included. I knew most of the facts that were included in this book, but it is more of a coffee-table book rather than a deep non-fiction read.

I thought there was a great selection of members of the British royal family; while not every person is included, all of the time periods are represented here. Even though there were royals who were skipped, they were usually mentioned to some extent in either the preceding or succeeding chapters. I also enjoyed the fact that the modern royals were included, which are usually skipped over in chronologies.

The reproductions included were fun and it was exciting to look at each one. I appreciated the transcriptions of some of the documents because the handwriting was atrocious. I also would have liked something from any of the royals before Anne Boleyn as they didn’t appear until about halfway through the book and that was the purpose I purchased the book for.

I thought that the images were very nice reproductions which would look great on the coffee-table. Overall I found this book to be a quick, enjoyable experience and would recommend it to fans of the British royals.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Royals.

10/10/2012 page 87